Discussing Hearth Health Tips.
RED FOR HEART HEALTH MONTH
Heart Health Month!
The HeartLinks to Heart Health Signature Program encourages Links members and communities to take an aggressive stance against heart disease, the number one killer of African-American women. HeartLinks accomplishes its goal by equipping Links chapters with numerous ways to implement heart-healthy activities in their communities including Walk for a Healthy Living, Red Dress events, and cardiovascular risk reduction programs. (From The Links, Incorporated).
The South Bend Area (IN) Chapter wore red in honor of Heart Health month at its February 3, 2018, general meeting. A handout was shared with each member listing 30 things that happen when we practice self-love and self-care in our daily lives. Here are 10 of them.
When we love and care for ourselves...
(1) We stop comparing ourselves to others and participating in a self-made competition. As a result, we will always be enough for ourselves and others.
(2) We lower our risk for depression, anxiety, hypertension, heart attacks, and other heart-related problems.
(3) We embrace our reality and stop blaming and fighting it. The struggle against reality becomes tiresome when you do not love and care for yourself.
(4) We know that love is around every corner, not only from the love that we have for ourselves, but the love that we offer to others and the love we get from others. This love creates a more peaceful and accepting world around us.
(5) We start living a life of abundance in every area of our lives without the need to fight or push to get it.
(6) We allow for growth to occur in our lives. The more we grow, the more we spread love and joy.
(7) We become energized to get back to living, loving, caring, helping, and serving.
(8) We don't care what others think of us because we know what ultimately matters most in our life is how we feel about ourselves.
(9) We take responsibility for our lives, realizing that we ate the source of happiness.
(10) We feel at peace by accepting ourselves, our strengths, and our weaknesses unconditionally.